*** UR3 for Service Manager 2012 R2 is now available. You can download it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2962041 ***
Hi folks, the next update rollup (UR 3) for Service Manager is scheduled to be available on the Download Center on the 29th of July. This UR has a total of 8 fixes spanning console usability issues, a couple of OMCI and SCCM connector fixes, and some improvements in the SDK and in core services for a more reliable Service Manager experience.
This UR is targeted for SM 2012 R2 only. That said, we do have a general distribution fix for SM 2012 SP1 to address the SCCM connector regression (issue 8 below) introduced in the last UR in the works, you can read more on it here. The public fix for SP1 is expected to be available on the Download Center towards the end of this month, around the same time as the UR.
Here’s the full list of fixes:
1. Operations Manager CI Connector does not retrieve disk mount point information.In SM logical disk data is empty for all servers. In In OM > Discovered Inventory > you can see instances of disk drives in the Windows Server 2008 Logical Disk class. When OMCI connector pulls this information into SCSM and you try and view the appropriate computer CI, the drives are viewed as hardware on the computer but no size information is present. In essence the OM CI connector successfully synchronizes instances of discovered mount point disk, but does not pull all properties of the mounted disk
2. Request offering in console shows all list options. When creating a Service Request from a Request Offering in the console, for every user prompt with prompt type Simple List, the console shows options from all simple lists in each user prompts.
3. Customized Change Requests cannot be closed.When trying to close a customized Change Request - the task throws an error and the close is not actioned.
4. Better event logging for MPSync failures.MPSync job failures logged to the event log do not contain enough information to enable quick diagnosis of the problem
5. All Service Manager workflows may stall when any invalid XML characters (control characters) are used in a work item property. This was a high impact bug introduced in R2, we immediately made a private hotfix available to CSS to provide relief.
6. “Private” property for an analyst comment has an undefined state. The Using the “Set First Response or Comment” Task in n service request creates a “Private” flag which can’t be used for evaluation in a notification action log/user comment update due to its undefined.
7. The Health Service stays unavailable after database outage.If the CMDB is down (offline/unable to connect/network issues) at the time that the HealthService has been restarted, and it continues to be offline for an extended period of time, the HealthService may get into an unrecoverable state even if the DB is later back up again.
8. SCCM connector synchronization may stop after applying Service Manager 2012 SP1 UR2 or Service Manager 2012 R2 UR6. This happens when the SCCM connector tries to synchronize malformed / incomplete software version information from their SCCM database.
Nice work guys! Dident know we were at UR6 allready for SCSM 2012R2 though :P
I want this, I need this...
In relation to item 6, we have noticed that an analyst comment added through an Exchange Connector email update also sets a NULL value to the Private boolean. Does the item 6 fix also address this?
When you say "This UR is targeted for SM 2012 R2 only" does that mean indefinitely? Can we expect any more URs for 2012 SP1?
Great stuff guys - keep up the good work! :)
i'm going to quote a college's comments about this post: "Several of these fixes have been high impact for us. Looks like we finally have some movement." progress is good, keep up the pace.
Nice to see theres still fixes coming out for the 2012 release of SCSM.
Hope that continues, since there are still some annoying damn bugs in this product.
Also nice when this blog gets an update!
This is great news! Our school district has a lot of software with no version information so we were impacted immediately at the last roll-up. We have implemented the work-around, but it will be great to have the official fix.
Do i have to install UR2 if its not installed or is UR3 enough?
What is the roadmap for SCSM ?
Will Microsoft add any new functionality into the product ?
Real asset management is needed, outlook, lync, html5 web console, html5 service portal etc.
All available through Cireson but way to expensive !
Maybe Microsoft should acquire Cireson and all its inovative people to make SCSM the by far best product on the market ! Until then SCSM is only tolerable ! :(
@Stuart: Yes, the fix will also work for comments added through EC. We're focusing on R2 at this time. SP1 is still supported, but a majority of the work is expected to light up in R2.
@Paul: I have asked for a roadmap for a year now or any information about upcoming features or technologies related to this product. Havent gotten an answer yet. The portal in particular is such a weakness.
I love System Center and just wish SCSM would be a more stable Product to
@Paul: I agree with you. This would make SCSM fill in some of the missing parts/solutions. We cant keep buying add-ons for functionality which should be included in a final release.
To the SCSM team: keep up the pace. You are doing great. Hopefully MS will add more resources to your product team :-)