Cireson, one of our leading partners in the industry announces a newly released version of the System Center Service Manager plug-in Asset Management. Many consider Cireson’s Asset Management solution to be the most impressive product they offer, and as such, these new features have garnered a lot of excitement from current users. Here are some of the new features that are now available with this release:
· A full Asset Catalog to track standard sets of hardware within the business.
· The ability to automatically track app metering data against software assets in order to understand installation vs. utilization vs. purchased count. This provides a holistic view on not only what is installed, but if users are utilizing specific purchased software.
· Operating system license management to manage current licensing state across all operating systems.
· SLA engine for automatic awareness when warranties, leases or support & maintenance contracts will breach or expire.
· Location to IP address awareness, allowing automatic association of a computer asset to its location, via provided SCCM IP addresses.
· Feature rich, out-of-the-box reports for hardware, software, contracts and licensing.
· Ease of reporting with complete Data Warehouse Asset Cubes.
· 250+ new features, providing the easiest, most intuitive and feature rich Asset Management solution within SCSM.
Example of Software Management:
The team has been hard at work with releasing, Asset Management vNext! A press release just went out and can be found on the WSJ Online:
To get more details on this specific solution visit: http://www.cireson.com/app-store/scsm-asset-management/
Thanks for the knowledge. Will have to give Cireson a try! I wonder how it compares to the Provance Asset Management product for SM.
Cireson does everything Provance does in terms of ITAM, plus can give you more functionality for a FRACTION of the cost. If you are a large or organization Provance can be too expensive due to its seat licensing. With Cireson, its a flat fee + annual maintenance if you want the latest and greatest. Once Cireson gains more traction in the market Provance will have to beef up as more than just a ITAM MP for SCSM.
I would be happy to address your questions directly. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. With all due respect to Cameron, there are substantial differences. I hope to hear from you. Thanks!
Looking for alternatives to Provance. Will check out Cireson. Trying to implement Provance and their support is lacking.