Out of the box the relationship between a request offering and an incident or service request is displayed as a read only label control. The Monitoring and Management (M&M) team here at Microsoft had a need to be able to view and change that relationship so they did a little form customization magic to expose it as an editable relationship.
See their blog post on the ‘Partner and Customer Solutions Blog’ for more details:
My name is Mohamed from Expit, I wanted to share with everyone background info about a product we released sometime back. It’s a connector for Microsoft project that allows users to integrate MS Project professional 2010 with Microsoft System Center Services Manager 2012 (SCSM). The product is freely available at www.expit.com/ProjectConnector.aspx
It basically allows users to convert workflow templates in SCSM into task sequences in project. The connector also syncs project tasks as tickets into SCSM. Please check it out and let us know what you would with for in the next release, we are in the process of building a new edition to cater for the greater community wish list of features.
I would like to share with you a quick update from Expit; we recently released an updated version of the Expit Event dashboard for SCSM 2012 (Version 1.3). the product is available for free download at www.expit.com/downloads.aspx
New Features in version 1.3 include:
• Support for Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012
• New team Progress tab showing ticket load per analyst or team
• New watch List tab to monitor ticket opened by critical users
• New data retrieval options (Light Dataset and Full Dataset)
• Added “Affected Users” for both incidents and service requests
• Added “Support Groups” for both incidents and service requests
• Colors are now adjustable and can be changed by users
• Category is now displayed correctly instead of the GUID in some cases
• Performance enhancements
• Minor UI modifications
As usual, we look forward to hearing back from you about how we could improve the product for the greater SCSM user community.
Note: this new edition of the connector will not establish a connection to SCSM automatically after login; users will need to connect from the file -> connect for data to be retrieved