You need to do this: Navigate to Central Administration | Manage Service Applications | Secure Store Service Click Generate New Key from the ribbon Type in the pass phrase and click OK.
You need to do this:
Navigate to Central Administration | Manage Service Applications | Secure Store Service
Click Generate New Key from the ribbon
Type in the pass phrase and click OK.
At this point you should have a Business Intelligence Center Site that looks something like this:
6. Now, mouse over the Monitor Key Performance “tab” and click the Start using PerformancePoint Services link.
7. In my case I ran into what seems to be a common configuration problem.
Following the instructions in the forum post above I added the following to the web.config for my SharePoint site.
Note: your virtual path will probably be different than mine. Just use the same exact path was what is in the error message above.
How do you find your web.config file? Easy (sort of). Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from the start menu on your SharePoint server. Right click on the site that represents your SM SharePoint site and choose ‘Explore’.
After making that change you should be able to refresh the page and see this:
8. Click ‘Run Dashboard Designer’ and then click Run in the OneClick dialog. From this point on you can launch the Dashboard Designer from the Start menu.
9. First we are going to need a data source so while you have Data Connections selected on the left, click the Create tab at the top and click Data Source.
10. Leave Analysis Services selected and click OK.
11.Fill out the form like this and click the Save button in the Ribbon. Rename the data source if you want.
Test your Data Source Connection!
12. Now select the PerformancePoint Content item in the tree on the left and click the Create tab. Here you can see the different types of dashboard items and reports you can add.
I’m going to stop here for now. From here you should be able to play around with things and create what you need. We’ll come back to this topic and do some walkthroughs of creating different types of PerformancePoint content in future blog posts.
<p>Great and simple way to use PPS. But isn't it incomplete. User need to add SSAS cube and chart that need to be displayed such as add OOB web parts etc. Something that I see here <a rel="nofollow" target="_new" href="http://ekhichdi.com/e/SharePoint-2010-Performance-Point-Service-Configuration-With-SSAS-472.html">ekhichdi.com/.../SharePoint-2010-Performance-Point-Service-Configuration-With-SSAS-472.html</a></p>
<p>I tried this and it changed the theme of the selfservice portal to a standard theme, the colors are correct but now it looks like a ordinary SharePoint site?</p>