The new version 1.1 release of the Provance IT Asset Management Pack is now available for download!
Version 1.1 provides support for the new Service Manager Authoring Console, as well as many new features and enhancements. You can install version 1.1 as an upgrade to your version 1.0 Provance IT Asset Management Pack deployment and continue working with your existing data and configuration – even if you’ve been using a time-limited evaluation version that has already expired.
Download from the Resources section of community.Provance.com (requires log in):
Download from the public Provance.com web site (requires registration)
Download the User Guide, Deployment Guide and Release Notes PDF files from the Resources section of community.Provance.com (requires log in):
Version 1.1 provides support for the new Microsoft System Center Service Manager Authoring Console, which allows you to create or modify data classes, forms and workflows that work with the Provance IT Asset Management Pack. Based on Microsoft Visual Studio, the Authoring Console is a visual editor that enables to customize your solution without coding.
· Export of data to CSV files from Views and Searches for viewing and manipulation in Excel
· Editing of multiple hardware or software assets
· Enhanced financial management including tracking of hardware asset cost events and currency conversion against specified base rates
· New views of relationships between hardware, software, contracts and users
· Assignment of software purchases and software licence keys to specific users and hardware assets
· Additional reports for forecasting, reconciliation and time-based trending
· User experience enhancements
You can download and install version 1.1 as an upgrade to your existing evaluation version of the Provance IT Asset Management Pack. Version 1.1 will extend your current evaluation version license until December 31, 2010 and allow you to continue working with your existing data, even if you’re current evaluation license has already expired.
Please be sure to let us know what you think of the enhancements we’ve provided in version 1.1 or if you experience any problems or difficulty. As well, feel free to recommend any new features that would be important or useful to you. You can post questions or comments in the IT Asset Management Pack for SCSM Forum or contact us by e-mail. We’d also appreciate it if you took a moment to rank and review the Provance IT Asset Management Pack here on the Microsoft.com Pinpoint site.
Thank you for your support!