Hello again, this is the third Server App-V Recipe I’m posting this week. The recipes are designed to give you a step-by-step guide to successfully package applications for use with Server App-V.
System Center 2012 RTM (SAV v220.127.116.111)
Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1
1) Dynamics NAV requires that database components be installed as a prerequisite for the server. On a machine with SQL Server on it, run the Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 installer and install the database components. During the NAV installation process described below, you will provide information so that the Dynamics server can connect to this SQL Server.
SAV Sequencer Steps
1) Start the SAV Sequencer and select “Create a New Virtual Application Package”.
2) Address any issues highlighted in the “Prepare Computer” phase. Double-clicking a message will provide more details as well as a suggested resolution. Click Next.
3) Click Browse in the sequencer UI and locate the Dynamics NAV installer. Click Next.
4) Give the package a name (eg, in this example I chose DynamicsNAV).
5) Leave the Primary Virtual Application Directory as-is (the default is fine to use, but you can optionally change it to a different path if you desire).. Click next. This will start the Dynamics NAV installer.
Dynamics NAV Installer Steps
6) In the Dynamics NAV installer, accepting the software license terms and conditions
7) Select "Choose an Installation option"
8) We want to install the Server option, with custom settings. Click the "Customize" link under the "Server" heading.
9) Leave the "Destination Folder" values, the location to where the files will be installed, as they are.
10) Select the RoleTailoredClient option (this will install a client, which we can use to verify the functionality of the server after sequencing). Select "Run from My Computer".
11) Under "Server", deselect the "Microsoft Office Outlook Integration" option.
12) Click "Next"
13) The server must be configured before it can be run. Click on the "Server" link in the Specify Parameters dialog.
14) In the SQL Server pane, in the SQL Server textbox, enter the name of the database server on which you installed the Dynamics NAV Database Components prior to sequencing. Then, click OK.
15) Click Apply to commence the installation
16) When the installation completes, click Close to exit the Dynamics NAV installer.
17) In the Services manager, verify that the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service is running. This indicates that the installation was successful.
18) Return to the Server App-V Sequencer and select "I am finished installing."
19) On the Configure Software dialog, click Next
20) On the Package Completed dialog, click Close
21) On the Deployment Configuration Items page, add a deployment configuration item for the database server. This will allow you to configure which database the Dynamics NAV server connects to at deployment, in case you want to change it.
22) Click "Add Deployment Configuration Item"
23) Search for "DatabaseServer" to locate the configuration item that stores the name of the destination database server.
24) Select the item that is found, and click Add. Observe that a new configuration item has been added for the database server.
25) Under the file menu, select Save to save your package. On the "Package Completed" screen, click Close.