There's probably a KB article about this, but I know the first time I ran into the problem above, it took me forever to find the solution, so I thought I would share it with you.
If you install Virtual Server 2005 R2 (or SP1), and then Remote-Desktop to the Host Server, and pull up the Virtual Server Administration Website, you may see the error from the picture above;
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
The solution? When you connect to the remote Host Server, you need to actually connect to the Console session. You would do this by clicking:
Start --> Run --> mstsc /console
After that, everything should work like a champ:
Awesome! Thank you very much. I was pulling my hair on this one. It works fine as per your directions.
Worked for me also and I have another solution.
Even under regular RDP session (without the /console switch) you can make it working by removing the Virtual Server Administration Website URL from Internet Explorer Trusted sites list.
Sometimes you have to also force "Prompt for username and password" under all zones in Internet Explorer/Internet Options/Security/Zone/Custom Level. You have to change these setting at least temporarly until the issue is resolved.
I hope this helps as I was pulling my hair as well:-)
Neither solution worked for me. I am already connecting to the server remotely. All this does is start another remote session from the remote session of that server, and the menu item "Virtual Server administration Website" on that remote session of a remote session still results in a 500 error. I am pulling out what remains of my hair, after it was all turned gray.
The solution that worked from me pertains to the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. Even though it shows as not installed I re-checked it for installation and then unchecked it to remove it. It is found in the Add/Remove programs and on the placebar on the left select "Add/Remove Windows Components". I am using mstsc /console as well.
I tried all the above and still had problems. In the end I found that rather than using the servername as per the setup generated desktop shortcut, using the loopback IP (127.0.0.1) forced the browser to prompt for login details. Worth trying if all else fails!
Thank you very mach. It works fine now.
The /console switch worked and so did forcing the login prompt on a normal RDP.
How very frustraiting when things work they shouldn't break....hurrumph.
Thanks for the 127.0.0.1 tip....that solution worked for me!
when i deployed my war in websphere aplicatiion server126.96.36.199, on that time i got an error like,
The website cannot display the page
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.
What you can try:
Refresh the page.
Go back to the previous page.
This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.
plz provide the proper solution for this problem.
Forcing the login prompt was the only solution for me. I did it for the Intranet zone.