Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager is now available and resolves the following issues:
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager cannot deploy a new or imported VMWare template.
- A virtual machine with that uses VHDX cannot be refreshed correctly in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, and you receive the following error message:
Refresh job failed with error 2912: The requested operation cannot be performed on the virtual disk as it is currently used in shared mode (0xC05CFF0A)
- Database operations sometimes fail with "FailedToAcquireLockException."
- A new virtual machine template from a template that specifies an operating system profile doesn't use credentials from the operating system profile.
- Virtual machines in VMWare that connect by the using Cisco N1000V dvSwitch are unavailable for management from Virtual Machine Manager.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager service crashes if you disable one of the teamed network adapters.
- The Get-Scstoragearray -host command should return storage arrays that are visible to a host that is using zoning.
- During the discovery of a network-attached storage (NAS) provider, the credentials that are used do not include a domain name.
- Some localized strings are not displayed correctly in the UI.
- A query to find the certificate should match both the subject name and the friendly name because FindBySubjectName is a wildcard search.
- Template deployment fails, and you receive the following error message:
Error (2904) VMM could not find the specified path on the <Server name> server. The system cannot find the path specified (0x80070003)
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) cannot be mounted on a host because VHD conflicts with other disks because of a stale entry that was left in the dictionary of Virtual Machine Manager memory.
- Differencing disk based deployment may fail because the parent disk is being refreshed as noncached.
For all the details and a download link, please see the following:
KB2904712 - Description of Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2904712)
J.C. Hornbeck | Solution Asset PM | Microsoft GBS Management and Security Division
Get the latest System Center news on Facebook and Twitter:
System Center All Up: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenter/ System Center – Configuration Manager Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/ System Center – Data Protection Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/ System Center – Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/ System Center – Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/ System Center – Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager System Center – Virtual Machine Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Windows Intune: http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsintune/ WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/ The AD RMS blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rmssupp/
The Forefront Endpoint Protection blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/ The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/ The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/ The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/
There's an error that comes up when you request the hotfix from the KB page that has been coming up for the 24 hours since you guys released the hotfixes, applicable to all of the new 2012 r2 system center ones.
Can someone please escalate within MS to get these hotfixes available?
The KB article has no public hotfixes. Please contact support if you need immediate assistance.