Managing and Operating a Microsoft Private Cloud—How to Apply the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
The Microsoft Operations Framework team is working on a new guide: Managing and Operating a Microsoft Private Cloud—How to Apply the Microsoft Operations Framework.
Get the beta here.
This guide leads you through the process of how to manage and operate a Microsoft private cloud using the service management processes of the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF). The guide applies MOF’s IT service management principles to that conceptual architecture and technology stack. It describes how to maximize the potential of MOF’s people, process, and technical capabilities to manage and operate a Microsoft private cloud.
Follow this guidance for a private cloud that is better aligned to meet your business needs. Employ MOF’s service management functions (SMFs) to help align IT and business goals, which can enable you to perform private cloud activities effectively and cost-efficiently.
This guide focuses on the SMFs in the Operate Phase and the Manage Layer of MOF to give IT pros and managers what they need to know about managing and operating a private cloud. Management reviews—internal controls that ensure goals are met to achieve business value—are also included.
Tell us what you think! Download and review the beta guide, then send your feedback to email@example.com by June 11, 2012. We would especially appreciate feedback in the following areas:
· Usefulness – Is the technical depth of this guide sufficient for the topics covered? Will this guide be useful to you on a day-to-day basis? What portions of the guide are the most useful to your organization?
· Usability – Is the structure or flow of this guide effective? Is the information presented in a clear and logical manner? Can you easily find key content?
· Impact – Do you anticipate that this guide will save you time and accelerate deployment of Microsoft products in your organization? Has this guide had a positive influence on your opinion of the Microsoft technologies it addresses?
Benefits for participation:
· You get an early look at the guide.
· You will be listed on the acknowledgments page for providing usable feedback.
Subscribe to the MOF beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. These are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the MOF Beta Program and would like to join, follow these steps:
1. Go here to join the MOF beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the web browser address bar.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live® ID.
3. Enter your registration information.
4. Continue to the MOF program beta page, scroll down to Microsoft Operations Framework, and click the link to join the MOF beta program.
Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about other MOF guides?
Visit our MOF page for information on the full series of Microsoft Operations Framework guides.
Check out our other Solution Accelerators:
You can see our full catalog of Solution Accelerators here.
Questions & Feedback:
For Microsoft-internal questions and feedback on the guide, please contact us.