We have been getting a lot of excitement and questions about the reports for the VMM 2008 MP. With this blog post we can announce that this update is ready and available for download today.
This update to the MP includes updated reports for all platforms that we manage (VS, Hyper-V, and VMware) :
· Virtualization Candidates - Helps identify physical computers that are good candidates for conversion to virtual machines. The Virtualization Candidates report displays average values for a set of commonly requested performance counters for CPU, memory, and disk usage, along with hardware configuration, including processor speed, number of processors, and total RAM.
· VM utilization - Provides information about your virtual machines. For the identified time, this report shows average usage and total or maximums for virtual machine processors, memory, and disk space.
· Host Utilization - Shows the number of virtual machines running per host. For the identified time and host group, this report shows average usage and total or maximums for host processors, memory, and disk space.
· Host Utilization Growth - Shows the percentage growth of host resources and number of virtual machines running for the identified time period.
· VM Allocation - Provides information you can use to calculate chargeback to cost centers for virtual machines.
This release also includes a key change to the PRO class model which enables some additional partner integration. Keep an eye on the VMM PRO partner page here, for updates and access to partner PRO enabled management packs.
You can find the MP here on the Microsoft download site:
Thanks to everyone who has been involved in this release.
Senior Program Manager
System Center Virtual Machine Manager
<p>An updated SCVMM management pack is now available for download. Read the announcement here ! Brief Description</p>
<p>Brief Description The System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008 Management Pack for System Center</p>
<p>We have been getting a lot of excitement and questions about the reports for the VMM 2008 MP.&#160; With</p>
<p>Greetings, My colleague, Alan Goodman, has published a blog entry about the release of VMM 2008 MP ,</p>
<p>An updated SCVMM management pack is now available for download. Read the announcement here!</p>
<p>Una actualización del paquete de gestión SCVMM ya está disponible para su descarga. Leer el anuncio aquí! Breve Descripción</p>