Cisco Cloud Networking and Services Platform team is excited to announce the availability of Cisco Nexus 1000V for Microsoft Hyper-V as a part of our hypervisor-agnostic cloud networking strategy. This represents a major milestone for the Nexus 1000V platform which already has more than 7000 customers.
We are also shipping Virtual Services Gateway (VSG) and Virtual Network Management Center ( VNMC) for Hyper-V. With this introduction, enterprise and cloud provider customers will be able to extend Nexus experience to Hyper-V virtual environments. Learn More
Cisco Nexus 1000V for Microsoft Hyper-V Solution Highlights
· Advanced NX-OS features and associated partner ecosystem to Windows Server 2012
· Consistent operational model across hypervisors (vSphere & Hyper-V)
· Innovative network services architecture (via vPath) to support secure multitenant environments
· Tight integration with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) as well as support for PowerShell
Cisco Nexus 1100 Cloud Services Platform also supports Nexus 1000V for Hyper-V to host VSM and VSG virtual appliances.
Features and Functionality
L2-Switching, PVLANs, QoS, ACLs, port security etc.
DHCP snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection, and IP source guard
NetFlow, packet statistics, SPAN, and ERSPAN
SNMP, NetConf, syslog, REST-APIs etc.
vPath architecture to enable services like VSG etc.
Note: Nexus 1000V feature-set will be consistent across all hypervisors
Nexus 1000V for Hyper-V with Microsoft SCVMM integration w/ live demo
· Cisco Nexus 1000V for Hyper-V internal field portal: http://savtg.cisco.com/go/1000vhyper-v/
· Cisco Nexus 1000V for Hyper-V external cisco.com page: http://www.cisco.com/go/1000v/hyper-v/
· Cisco Nexus 1000V Public Community: https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/datacenter/nexus1000v/
· Cisco-Microsoft partnership page: http://www.cisco.com/go/microsoft/