Microsoft Learning hosted another new and exclusive Jump Start virtual training event – Microsoft Virtualization for VMware Professionals. We are thrilled to announce availability of the HD-quality video recordings – FREE – on TechNet Edge and soon coming to MS Showcase, the Zune Marketplace, iTunes! Additionally, every module will be made available (with assessment questions) on the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) in the next few weeks.
What’s the high-level overview?
· The 15-hour course is broken into three sections covering Microsoft Virtualization: Platform, Management, and VDI
· “Team-teaching” approach led by Microsoft Technical Evangelist, Symon Perriman and Microsoft partner and virtualization architect, Corey Hynes
· Every module is an engaging discussion, packed with best practices and real-world demonstrations
Who is the target audience for this training?
· IT Professionals, Virtualization Engineers, Data Center Managers, IT Decision Makers, Network Administrators, Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects
· Microsoft customers and partners currently using VMware
· Companies using VMware searching for real-world answers as they consider whether or not Microsoft Virtualization truly fits their needs
Where do I go for this great training?
The HD-quality video recordings of this course are on TechNet Edge. Here are direct links to each module:
· Entire course on TechNet Edge: Microsoft Virtualization for VMware Professionals
· 1: Virtualization Overview
· 2: Differentiating Microsoft & VMware
· 3a: Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture | Part 1
· 3b: Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture | Part 2
· 4: High-Availability & Clustering
· 5: System Center Suite Overview with focus on DPM
· 6: Automation with Opalis, Service Manager & PowerShell
· 7: System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012
· 8: Private Cloud Solutions, Architecture & VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0
· 9: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 1
· 10: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 2
· 11: v-Alliance Solution Overview
· 12: Application Delivery for VDI
· Links to course materials on Born to Learn
Where can people learn more?
Virtualization experts worldwide are taking a new look at Microsoft Virtualization. After this Jump Start, we hope you will understand why. Check out the Microsoft Learning “Virtualization Training Portal” to better understand virtualization-specific certifications and where to find instructor-led classes to help you and your team. Additionally there is great training content on the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) where you can learn at your own pace, connect with other IT Pros and earn prizes & rewards.