We can divide the whole topic in four steps . At first we will do changes in AD then SharePoint central admin then we will configure Doc library and finally if needed we will modify exchange server to do required routing
Step 1 – Setup AD
On a Domain Controller Open Active Directory Users and Computers in the administration tools and create a new Organizational Unit under your main domain name.
At this point we can new delegate control to the Central Administration Application Pool account to have Write access to the OU.
1. Right Click on the OU and
Click Next on the Wizard
3. Click Add to select the Central Admin Service Account from AD
4. Click Next
5. Tick ‘Create a Custom Task to Delegate’
6. Click Next
7. Accept the default setting for the next page
8. Click next
9. In the permissions box select Write
10. Click Next
11. Click Finish
Step 2 – Configuring incoming e-mail settings in central administration
Open MOSS2007 Central Administration and click on the Operations Tab
Click Incoming E-Mail
On the incoming mail page we are now going to configure the page to use the Directory Management Service and configure this service to use the Organizational unit that we created earlier in order to create the new contact objects.
Step 3 – Creating a mail enabled document library in a team site
Although we have mail enabled the library there are still a few settings that we need to decide on for the mail sent to this library.
1. Open the document library we have just created
2. Click Settings – document library settings
3. Under Communication Settings click E-Mail Settings
The settings in the library are all optional but for my test I am going to save all the attachments in the library plus I am going to keep a copy of the mail message in the library as well.
4. In the E-Mail Message Section Select Yes for save original e-mail
5. In the E-Mail Security section Select Yes to Accept e-mail messages from any sender
6. Click OK
Step 4– Exchange server
If we have address of sharepoint list is different what we use in origination(Exchange server ) then we need to setup a connecter in exchange server
Some points to remember :-