Summary: Switching from VMware to Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is saving money for two businesses that are also using Microsoft's System Center 2012 (especially Operations Manager and Orchestrator) to manage and monitor applicationsand the infrastructure that supports them.
Original article here.
* System Center 2012 overview slide deck download (9M)
* Private Cloud demo video download (6M)
* Register and download to try 14 scenarios of Microsoft Private Cloud.
* Private Cloud (with approval activity) demo video download (7M)
* Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V demo video download (2M), including Hyper-V replica and Shared-nothing Live Migration.
* Windows Server 2012 pricing FAQ info
* System Center 2012 suite evaluation (~ 8 GB ) plus optional Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 download
* System Center 2012 Client Management and Security Solutions with System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection 2012 download
* Want to compare the cost and features between Microsoft and VMware? Use our Private Cloud Economics tool, a very quick tool.
With 500 VMs and 6 VMs per processor, VMware is 7.3 times more expensive than Microsoft.
* System Center Service Manager (SCSM) 2012:
- The Private Cloud Self-Service Portal is a feature in SCSM 2012.
- SCSM 2012 Software Development Kit documentation download (9 MB)
- SCSM 2010 SDK info