The new Johnny Cash bio-pic opened last night. Which caused me to take a look at my Cash collection of music. To make a long story short, after coming across a great version of "cocaine blues" from the greatest live double album of all time, I wondered what sort of mix I could put together in five minutes with drugs as the theme...
(Sadly?) turns out it wasn't hard, and I didn't even scratch the surface...
01. Sweet Jane-- Velvet Underground
02. Drugs are good -- NOFX
03. Mirror in the Bathroom -- English Beat
04. Cocaine Blues -- Johnny Cash
05. Don't Sniff Coke -- Pato Banton
06. I Wanna Be Sedated-- Shonen Knife
07. Heroin -- Velvet Underground
08. Mexican Tar -- Manic Hispanic
09. Heroin -- Lou Reed (Animal)
10. Sweet Jane -- Cowboy Junkies
There's a twisted logic to the arrangement, but I refuse to explain it.
Don't try this at home.
I must say, I'm impressed.
Not only do I have all of those songs in my collection, your range of music is impressive. Everything from NOFX to Cowboy Junkies.