This call gets the "weird case of the week" award.  One user cannot sync their Calendar items on their device.  They have a Treo 700W.  Emails sync fine, Contacts sync fine, only the Calendar fails.  It would get to 100 of 109 and then fail with the following error on the device:

Result:

ActiveSync encountered a problem on the server. 

Support code:  0x86000108

 

This certainly sounds like a corrupt calendar item in the users mailbox or something goofy with the customers cell carrier (Compression issues maybe?).  So I fired up my Mobile 5.0 emulator and tested with the problem account (let's call him Justin).  Well, it failed with the same error code on the emulator.  So it does not appear to be device/carrier specific.  So the next thing we did was to export the mailbox to a PST and import it back into Exchange (exporting to PST *should* remove <not export> corruption).  After doing that it still failed!  Hmmmmm....this sounds like a job for Nextags!  Well, looking at Nextags logs is about one step better than getting cut with a rusty knife so I thought I would look around a bit more.  In the system log I found several events similar to the following:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Ntfs
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 37
Date:  7/17/2006
Time:  6:38:25 PM
User:  Domain\Justin
Computer: SBS-Servername
Description:
A user hit their quota limit on volume C:.

 

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Ntfs
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 36
Date:  7/17/2006
Time:  6:38:25 PM
User:  Domain\Justin
Computer: SBS-Servername
Description:
A user hit their quota threshold on volume C:.

 

I wondered if disk quota limits were causing this to fail.  Note we have a public article on this event, it should be a Warning and not an Informational event!  So as a test, I turned off quota limits for the user on the C drive (open My Computer, right click on the C drive and click Properties, then the Quota tab, then the Quota Entries button.  Right click on the user and choose Properties and put the bullet next to "Do not limit disk usage" and hit OK).  This worked! 

 

The moral to this story:  ALWAYS check event viewer!!

 

Petergal