1. In Control Panel, stop all services, and change the Startup Type to "manual" <except> for the following:
- COM+ Event System
- Computer Browser
- Distributed File System
- Distributed Link Tracking Client
- Distributed Link Tracking Server
- DNS Client
- Event Log
- IPSEC Policy Agent
- License Logging Service
- Logical Disk Manager
- Net Logon
- NT LM Security Support Provider
- Network Connectors
- Plug and Play
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
- Removable Storage
- Security Accounts Manager
- System Event Notification
- Task Scheduler
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Services
- Windows Management Instrumentation
- Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
- Windows Time
2. Close Control Panel, and restart your computer.
3. At the command prompt, type the following command:
"msdtc -uninstall" (without the quotation marks)
4. In the registry, remove the following keys if they exist:
5. At the command prompt, type the following command:
"msdtc -install" (without the quotation marks)
6. Check Event Viewer for the following message:
Event Source: MSDTC
Event ID: 4104
Description: The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator service was successfully installed..
7. Restore the Startup Type of the services to their original values, and then restart your computer.
8. At a command prompt, type the following command: "msdtc -resetlog" (without the quotation marks)
9. Start > Run > Regsvr32 es.dll –u
10. Open registry and delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventSystem] key and all its subkeys
11. Close regedit
13. Start > Run > Regsvr32 es.dll
14. Reboot the system in safe mode and delete all the files in the following directory “%systemroot%\registration”
15. Rename the %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll file to %WinDir%\System32\~Clbcatq.dll. Make sure that you include the tilde (~) at the start of the file name.
16. Restart the computer
17. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
18. Locate and delete the following key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3
19. At a command prompt, type "cd %windir%" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER
20. At a command prompt, type "rmdir /s Registration" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER. This is the location folder of the registration database.
21. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
22. Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components
23. Click Next to go through the reinstallation process, to reinstall COM+.