After upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 on one of my laptops, I noticed that even though I was connected to the internet (via hotel wireless), the Windows Store didn’t seem to think I had any internet connection at all.
Opening the Windows Store would result in this page.
No proxy information was necessary for the internet hotel connection, but I did have to accept the hotel EULA before the hotel network quarantine handed me a valid IP. My assumption here, is that my poor little Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 wireless card just got stressed out and confused in the process. I decided to disable and re-enable the little guy to see if that would clear things up.
To do this open PowerShell as an Administrator
First things first, I had to get the names of my wireless network adapter to make sure I was fixing the right problem.
To do this type ‘Get-NetAdapter –Name *’ in the PS window.
This returns a list of network adapter names.
In my case, my wireless network adapter is named ‘Wi-Fi’.
So then I verified what command I needed to use to Disable and Enable my ‘Wi-Fi’ network adapter with the Get-Help NetAdapter command.
Combining the Disable-NetAdapter cmdlet with my wireless card’s name gives me this command.
‘Disable-NetAdapter –Name ‘Wi-Fi’’
And I then re-enable the adapter the same way.
‘Enable-NetAdapter –Name ‘Wi-Fi’’
I verified my laptop was back on the internet by going to www.bing.com, and then tried opening the Windows Store again.
Success. My network card is no longer confused.
That's all fine & dandy -- if your "readers' are also having the problem via a LAPTOP WIRELESS ..
However .. our problem arrived on Desktop Acer Aspire Z3-605 pc's..
After the "SEMI-AUTOMATIC (as in cannot decline it - just have to CLICK to accept it) UPDATE" to 8.1
(re: That is a COMPULSORY "FIXED SCREEN" UPDATE NOTIFICATION .. allowing the user ONLY the one option .. as - you cannot close the update function .. & you cannot use your computer at all - UNTIL you "click" accept update)>>
Now here's another MAJOR PROBLEM ..
We don't have the knowledge - that you have..
WE ONLY KNOW - that command line activity is a critical ..
HIGH KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED "area" of the PC's inner workings..
WE - also know .. that we DO NOT KNOW .. enough about how "Command Line Prompts" work .. nor "how" to execute them correctly..
THUS -- just showing a screenshot of a few lines of printing..
THAT ACTUALLY JUST CONFUSES US .. more than doing nothing at all.!!
Please "teach your readers' ..
As if we were all - 5.yr old Kindergarten NEW entrants ..
Because.. in "COMMAND LINE MODE" .. that's exactly what we are..
still not working
still not working
Not working !!!
Not working either. As far as i can see, it's not only the Windows Apps store, but several other apps from windows, like Maps, Contacts en sometimes Mail. What has worked for me so far, as a temporal solution is to download a program named Fiddler2. Once
installed you have to totally stop the apps store from working using the task manager and then run Fiddler 2. Running the program there is a "Win8 Config" option, you click on it and a new window opens. There you choose "Excempt all" and then all the Windows
apps will work. Since i don't really know what is happening, i don't know if there are any vulnerability issues. So after using the apps store i finish any Fiddler activity with the task manager.
I tried all the options from so many forums but still not working, can some one pls help
Thanks, but this did't work.
I was nearly there after checking I was a administrator... Then this popped up.