On Tuesday, August 12th, 2008, Office released 23 security updates across 5 bulletins. The security updates apply to the following products:
· Microsoft Office Word 2002 and 2003, as described in security bulletin MS08-042.
· Microsoft Office Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, Excel Viewer 2003, Excel Viewer, the 2007 Microsoft Office System and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack, and Excel Services in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, as described in security bulletin MS08-043.
· Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, PowerPoint Viewer 2003, and the 2007 Microsoft Office System and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack, as described in security bulletin MS08-051.
· Microsoft Office Access SnapShot Viewer 2000, 2002, and 2003, as described in security bulletin MS08-041.
· Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003 and the Microsoft Office Converter Pack, as described in security bulletin MS08-044.
For complete details, see “Microsoft Security Updates for August 2008” for home users and “Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2008” for advanced users. Office also released two updates for the Outlook 2003 and 2007 Junk Email Filters.
This month’s Word and Access security updates address vulnerabilities that had been used in attacks, as described in the Microsoft Security Advisories 953635 (Word) and 955179 (Access). The Access update modifies the class identifier of the SnapShot viewer ActiveX control and prevents opening the older, vulnerable version of the control in Internet Explorer and Office, so if you are using this control in a custom solution, please verify that your solution works properly after the update is installed.
PingBack from http://msofficesecurity.com/officesecurity/microsoft-office/august-2008-update-release
135 Microsoft Team blogs searched, 70 blogs have new articles in the past 7 days. 177 new articles found