Within Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote, select within each of the products, select File, Save As or File, Open dialog box in Office 2010, the SharePoint site shortcuts within the SharePoint sites folder are not present. Or you have selected a SharePoint document library, on the Library Tools tab, Library, choose on the Connect & Export area of the ribbon, Connect to Office choice. When you select this, it will write a shortcut to the document library into the Office 2010 area under Favorites folder name, SharePoint Sites.
1. Launch Regedit (if you have permissions to launch Regedit)
2. Within the registry key:
Check the registry key value of PersonalSiteURL, if you have MySite listed in the value, then copy the URL and see if the URL resolves in the browser.
3. There is another registry key to check to see if it is already present and if it is set to the Mysite - http://my equal to your MySite URL:
NOTE: URL = http://my is your MySite URL - this is a String value.
4. If the registry key is not present in step #3, then you will need to implement this key as a policy:
5. If the MySite is an FQDN site (URL contains periods), then you will need to add the following registry key(s) under:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
4. Type AuthForwardServerList, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type the MySite URL, i.e. http://my.microsoft.com or https://mysite.microsoft.com, and then click OK.
7. Also check the BasicAuthLevel key to make it shows a value of 2 (if your MySite is https)
8. Restart the Webclient service
For testing purposes, you can add a value to the registry so that it bypasses the default time which is 24 hours. You will need to add the value of DWORD: LinkPublishingFrequency and set the value for decimal to 60 seconds:
(Hexidecimal value = 60 seconds decimal)
Once the value is set, launch Word or Excel, and File | open or File | Save, and check the registry key in step #1.