Calling all IT Professionals who are film buffs! We've been trying to get you to take advantage of FREE online training and FREE software downloads, for a while now. By shamelessly bribing you with movie vouchers, I hope that you will spare a few moments to give them a go. We've tried to make this as simple as possible. First, register for the Microsoft Virtual Academy - once you're logged in, take a screenshot of the dashboard to prove it. Next, download a free trial of either the Windows Server "8" Beta or the Microsoft System Center 2012 Release Candidate - once the download is complete, take a screenshot of the download manager to prove it.Finally, email us your details and attach the two screenshots. Yes, it really is that simple - we'll post you two movie vouchers - just make sure that we get your email by 11:59pm THIS Sunday, the 25th of March 2012. So what are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat if I am already registered for the Microsoft Virtual Academy?That's okay, you are still eligible! All you need to do for step one is log in, and take a screenshot of your MVA dashboard. This screenshot will need to show your name, near the upper-right corner of the browser window. Then move on to step two!What if I have already downloaded one of those two?As you will need a screenshot of the completed download to be eligible, you may need to download it again. Alternatively, if you have already downloaded Windows Server "8" Beta, why not download the Microsoft System Center 2012 Release Candidate? Or if you already have the Microsoft System Center 2012 Release Candidate, why not download the Windows Server "8" Beta?At which cinemas can these movie vouchers be used?Eligible entries will be mailed Hoyts cinema vouchers, that can be used at any of the following cinemas:
So what are you waiting for?1. Register for the Microsoft Virtual Academy(Once you're logged in, take a screenshot of the dashboard to prove it!)2. Download a free trial of either the Windows Server "8" Beta or the Microsoft System Center 2012 Release Candidate(Once the download is complete, take a screenshot of the download manager to prove it!)3. Email us your details and attach the two screenshots!(Make sure you send the email by 11:59pm on Sunday 25th March 2012!)
Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident.
How to enter
3. To enter you must:
(a) email email@example.com before 11:59pm on Sunday the 25th of March 2012, with your full name and delivery address, and attach the two screenshots described below;
(b) the first screenshot must show clearly that you have registered for the Microsoft Virtual Academy. Once logged in, your full name will be displayed near the top-right corner of the webpage. To be eligible, the screenshot must show this name, and this name must match the name you submit in clause 3a.(c) the second screenshot must show clearly that you have completed one of the two eligible downloads - either the Windows Server "8" Beta (downloaded from this webpage) or the Microsoft System Center 2012 Release Candidate (downloaded from this webpage). To be eligible, the screenshot must show 100% completion for every item in the download manager.
4. Prizes and award criteria: The first 500 valid entries submitted will each receive two Hoyts Cinema Vouchers.General
5. Vouchers will be posted or couriered by Friday the 13th of April 2012, to the delivery address specified when submitting in clause 3.
6. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, 'hacked' or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
7. Vouchers will be delivered to the New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft's expense.
8. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
9. Vouchers are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your cinema vouchers, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
10. If you accept a voucher you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
11. If for any reason the advertised voucher is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised voucher for another voucher which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
12. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the valid entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry (in clause 3). Entries submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the email address.
13. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter, and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
14. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the promotion or any element of the promotion for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
15. The judge's decision in relation to the eligibility of the entries, the screenshots, or any other aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this promotion, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
17. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this promotion or accepting anything of value.
18. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion.
19. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the promotion or receiving (or not receiving) any prize.
20. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 21 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
22. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.