Here are the details of the following free 3 day online training event for customers and partners: "Microsoft Virtualization for VMWare Professionals" (FREE!)
Unfortunately, it’s being run live 10:00AM->16:00 PDT.. so I wouldn’t expect many live European attendees.
However, note that: All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes for broader reach.
Registration is open here: registration page
(Note that you need to register for each of the 3 days.)
Announcing Next Jump Start: Microsoft Virtualization for VMWare Professionals (March 29-31)
Just one week after Microsoft Management Summit 2011 (MMS), Microsoft Learning will be hosting an exclusive three-day Jump Start class specially tailored for VMWare and Microsoft virtualization technology pros. In support of the “VMWare Compete” initiative, registration for “Microsoft Virtualization for VMWare Professionals” is open now and will be delivered as a FREE online class on March 29-31, 2010 from 10:00am-4:00pm PDT. Our last two events -- Windows Phone 7 Jump Start (over 1,400 live students and more than 418,000 views of the videos) and Developing Cloud Applications with the Windows Azure Platform" -- were very popular and we’re excited to see registrations start to come in for this three-day course.
Who is the target audience for this training?
Suggested prerequisite skills include real-world experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, virtualization and datacenter management. The course is tailored to these types of roles:
· IT Professional
· IT Decision Maker
· Network Administrators
· Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects.
What’s the high-level overview?
· This cutting edge course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from System Center 2012 (many of which will be announced just one week earlier at MMS).
· Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, differentiating VMWare terminology/features, high availability & clustering)
· Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Center Suite, SCVMM 2012, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
· Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
· Full outline available on the registration page
· Every section will be team-taught by two of the most respected authorities on virtualization technologies: Microsoft Technical Evangelist Symon Perriman and leading Hyper-V, VMWare, and XEN infrastructure consultant, Corey Hynes
Where do I send customers to register for this great training opportunity?
We need your help us drive awareness for the Microsoft Virtualization Jump Start!
· Invite via Email: Point Microsoft customers and partners to the Registration page and urge them to register for all three sessions.
· Post a Blog: Write about the session and link to our post on the Microsoft Learning blog
· Tweet: Here are a few suggested posts you can retweet for us:
o Mar. 29-31 "Microsoft #Virtualization for VMWare Pros" @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V @MSLearning #Hyper-V
o @SysCtrOpalis Mar. 29-31 "Microsoft #Virtualization for VMWare Pros" @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V #Hyper-V
o Learn all the cool new features in Hyper-V & System Center 2012! SCVMM, Self-Service Portal 2.0, http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V #Hyper-V #Opalis
What is a “Jump Start” course? A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format. The idea is to deliver readiness training on strategic and emerging technologies that drive awareness at scale before Microsoft Learning develops mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) that map to certifications. The success of the Jump Starts have been the result of the tight collaboration between DPE, BG’s and MSL – this course is no exception. All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes for broader reach.
This will be a fantastic event and we are excited to deliver another world-class Jump Start!