Check out the most comprehensive, actively managed Lync blog roll in the known universe, your one-stop source for links to over 100 of the very best Lync blogs. Here you will also find weekly blog highlights and a feed for a dozen of the top blogs.
Lync Server Support Home
Top Lync Solutions RSS Feed
Microsoft Senior Support engineers walk you through real-life support cases, giving you an insider’s view into the systematic approach they use to troubleshoot Lync Server issues.
These short videos focus on specific tasks and show you how to accomplish them for Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
With this latest version of the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and 2013 Bandwidth Calculator, you can enter information about your users and the Lync Server features that you want to deploy, and the Bandwidth Calculator will determine bandwidth requirements for the WAN that connects sites in your deployment. The accompanying Bandwidth Calculator User Guide describes the recommended process for estimating your WAN bandwidth needs for Lync client real-time traffic.
Author: Mariusz Ostrowski, Microsoft UC Voice Architect
Published: June 7, 2013
Product version: Lync Server 2010, Lync Server 2013
The updated version 2.0 of the Lync 2010 and 2013 Bandwidth Calculator tool can be used to estimate network bandwidth consumption by Lync clients in enterprise WAN networks with either Lync 2010 or Lync 2013 deployments. It can also be used to size bandwidth needed for traffic of remote Lync users.
Figure 1: Scenarios for use
New Features and Improvements
Here are some of the new features and improvements:
* Scalability increased to 300 branch sites.
* The following types of Lync 2013 clients (in addition to Lync 2010 client):
* Lync 2013 client new features that have influence over bandwidth consumption:
* Ability to select type of Lync client per persona, with both Lync 2010 and 2013 clients in mixed deployments or migration scenarios.
* Internet traffic calculations (traffic of remote Lync users).
* Traffic aggregation per user definable “QoS traffic classes.”
* “Custom thresholds” for addressing Lync deployments with very small branch sites.
Keywords: Lync Server 2010, Lync Server 2013, bandwidth calculator