Get on-the-go access to the latest insights featured on our Trustworthy Computing blogs.
This is Christopher Budd.
I wanted to take a moment from my preparations for TechEd next week to let you know that we made our regular advance notification for the upcoming monthly security bulletin release next week:
At approximately 10:00 am PT next Tuesday, June 13th 2006, we are planning to release a total of twelve security bulletins. The breakdown of these are:
· Nine security bulletins for Microsoft Windows, the highest maximum severity rating for these is “critical.”
· One security bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange. The highest maximum severity rating for this is “important.”
· Two security bulletins affecting Microsoft Office. The highest maximum severity rating for these is “critical.”
We will also be making our regular monthly update to the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
I wanted to call three important things out for your planning for the security update release.
1. As my colleague Stephen Toulouse indicated in his first post on the reports of a new vulnerability in Microsoft Word, the June release includes the update that address this issue.
2. As with MS06-019, the Exchange security update in this release contains the change to “Send as” permissions. As with last month, we’re encouraging you to review Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 912918 ahead of the release.
3. As we mentioned in MS06-013, support for the compatibility patch discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 917425 will end with this security update release. If you deployed the compatibility patch released in April, we encourage you to review information about the ActiveX update discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 912945 ahead of the release.
We’ll have our regularly scheduled technical webcast on Wednesday, June 14th 2006 at 11:00 am PT. You can register for it here:
Thank you and I hope to see many of you at TechEd. We’ll be making some postings here to let you know what we’ll be doing there next week, along with information about next week’s release.