In an increasingly competitive environment, enterprises are realizing that they can only succeed by proactively identifying market trends and opportunities, and by responding rapidly to new business demands. To meet these challenges, decision makers need to gain actionable insight into their business so that they can take intelligent, informed decisions and contribute to the continuous growth of their revenue.
Microsoft SQL Server™ Business Intelligence (BI) Academy goal is to leverage BI concepts, tools, development and troubleshooting techniques within the Microsoft® SQL Server™ BI stack
The objective of SQL Server® 2012 Business Intelligence Academy is to provide each student a full training program for Business Intelligence, taking advantage of SQL Server® 2012 through a phased learning approach. The academy covers fundamentals through to deeper areas inside the BI stack and includes performance and tuning techniques. Students will learn how to integrate SQL Server® BI technologies with SharePoint® Server, allowing them to use one central location for placing all their enterprise-wide BI content and tools.
• Take advantage of SQL Server™ Analysis Services for OLAP and Tabular solutions, including business measure aggregation over multiple dimensions and KPIs.
• Use SQL Server™ engine as a scalable, high-performance data storage engine for building efficient data warehouses.
• Learn extract, transform, and load an (ETL) operation that enables the population and synchronization of your data warehouse with SQL Server™ Integration Services.
• Deliver business information through Microsoft SQL Server™ Reporting Services, Microsoft® Office System like Excel and PowerPivot.
• Use Master Data Services (MDS) and Data Quality Services (DQS) as a Knowledge-Driven data quality framework, enabling IT Pros and data stewards to easily improve the quality of their data.
The SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Academy is a set of sessions that represent one workshop per session:
Session 1: BI Fundamentals
Overview of the fundamental concepts in a BI solution by introducing the different multi-dimensional models.
Session 2: Building and loading data warehouses with SSIS & T-SQL
Review how to improve the performance of a BI solution and review how to troubleshoot the most common scenarios, including DW Design, SSIS Development and how to load data into a Data Warehouse.
Session 3: Tabular Modeling with SQL Server
Learn how to install, develop and configure SSAS Tabular Solutions with SQL Server 2012 and take advantage of xVelocity technology.
Session 4: SSAS Performance, Tuning & Optimization
Review and improve the performance of a SSAS solution and learn how to troubleshoot the most common scenarios.
Session 5: Enterprise Information Management
Take advantage of Data Quality Services (DQS) and Master Data Services (MDS) to build a knowledge driven solution. Learn how to operate with data quality issues and how you can achieve these using real case scenarios.
Session 6: Data Consumption & Visualization with SharePoint Integration
This session has the main purpose of showing how to turn data visualizations features available in SharePoint. In this session we will demonstrate how a BI Solution could be integrated within a SharePoint infrastructure.
Session 7: Data Consumption & Visualization with SSRS, PowerPivot and Power View
Presentation of the capabilities of the data visualization and data consumption layers, Reporting Services Features & Development, Self-Service BI with Report Builder and Self-Service BI with PowerPivot for Excel.
If you would like to attend this workshop or would like any further information please contact your Technical Account Manager.
Thanks and Regards