Deploy Windows 7 and Office 2010 quickly and reliably—while boosting user satisfaction.
If you’re making the move to Windows 7 and Office 2010, you need tools and guidance to help deploy Windows and Office quickly—and do it right the first time. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1 Beta includes new features like Office 2010 support, the ability for users to initiate and customize their own deployments using Configuration Manager, key enhancements in driver support, and much more.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 Beta – Benefits
The MDT 2010 Update 1 Beta provides organizations with the following benefits:
· Save time and money deploying Office 2010: Customers can now use MDT 2010’s comprehensive tools and guidance to efficiently manage large-scale deployments of Microsoft Office 2010.
· Respond more effectively to user needs: MDT 2010 Update 1 includes a “User-Driven Installation” (UDI) deployment method that leverages Configuration Manager. An easy-to-use UDI Wizard allows users to initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PC that’s tailored to their individual needs.
· More reliable driver installation: MDT 2010 Update 1 boosts the reliability of the driver installation process by detecting each driver’s true supported platforms.
These features, combined with many bug fixes and other improvements, make MDT 2010 Update 1 more reliable and flexible than ever.
· Join the MDT Update 1 Beta. (Live ID required.)
· Learn more about MDT 2010 by visiting the MDT site on TechNet.
· Ask questions, post answers, and share your insights in the MDT Forum.
After extensive searching, I still have no clue about what's new about the Office 2010 support. What has changed in MDT regardin the Office 2010 deployment? Can you be more specific about this?
Stephan van der Plas
Most of the changes required to support Office 2010 were simple, just changing the text and testing everything to make sure it works. We did have to make a couple of changes in regards to the 64-bit version of Office 2010.
this sounds great guys - is there a release date planned for actual release (not beta) - we're probably going to put the beta in our test env but it would be nice to know a proper release date... Cheers!
I have a hard time with my e-mail will not appear,willnot delete, willnot forward message contact systems manager!!! or admistrator HELP HELP