I updated the Vista gadget that makes it easier to find help for System Center products. The gadget now contains more scoped searches and the new System Center branding, and it also workes better than version 1.0 did while using a slow internet connection. Use the settings in the gadget to pick the product (such as Operations Manager) that you want to find information about, and then enter a search term in the gadget to get customized search results for the specified product. For example, the gadget can filter search results so that only pages from the Operations Manager documentation on TechNet or MSDN are returned.
Here is the download link: http://gallery.live.com/LiveItemDetail.aspx?li=49e26ad0-113d-4f3d-a711-57f6530c75d9
- Chris Scoville
Is this a new update since the logo was changed and it was announced in other places? Or, is this something updated when you posted to this blog on June 5th? It's hard to tell if we should go out and update again. Thanks!
Here is a list of updates to the gadget:
• New System Center branding in the UI.
• When you select a specific product in the settings/options for the gadget, the UI will now reflect what product you selected.
• Fixed a bug that people with slow internet connections were seeing (the search results pane would not load correctly when there was a slow internet connection). Now, users will see the flyout pane and the words “Loading…” in the search box while the search results are gathered.
• Now, when you click the X to close the results pane, the whole flyout pane will also close.
• When System Center DPM is selected from the settings, the results will contain a tab for DPM 2007 and DPM 2006 on Technet (previously it was just DPM on TechNet with no separate for the versions).
• When “All System Center products” is selected in the settings (the default setting), the following tabs will be available on the results pane:
TechNet, MSDN, Microsoft.com, Downloads, Videos/Media, Webcasts, Blogs, Forums, Microsoft Learning, and Web. The Web tab allows you to search the entire web.