If you are receiving alerts “Performance Module could not find a performance counter” in the Operations Manager Console, please perform thefollowing steps to disable the rule via override.
Note: When you run the Operations Console on a computer that is not a Management Server, the Connect To Server dialog box displays. In the Server name text box, type the name of the Operations Manager 2007 Management Server to which you want the Operations Console to connect.
1. Navigate to the Authoring Space in the Console.
2. Select “Rules” under “Management Pack Objects”.
3. Type “Performance Data Source Module” in the “Look for:” box and click “Find Now”. Be sure a Scope is not set or filtering the “Health Service” Target.
4. Find the rule, “Performance Data Source Module could not find a performance counter” under “Type: Health Service (2)”, right-click, select “Overrides”, “Disable the Rule”, “For all objects of type: Health Service”.
5. When prompted, “Are you sure you want to disable this rule for Health Service?” click “Yes”.
Microsoft is working on the long-term solution to address this problem.
Thanks, Justin Incarnato
-------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified athttp://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm-------------------------
Whats the side effect of this? you loose performance history?
This is a common alert received after SP1 upgrade and is being actively researched by the product group.
Why was this released in SP1? Obviously there is problems with it.
Just wanted to know whether doing the above workaround
should affect something.
As i am still able to see the critical icon in the Health State in the Administration Pane under Management Servers for the Root Management Server.
Will this affect working of SCOM Server ???
Thanks & Regards
Will this affect working of SCOM Server (SP1) ???
We have been seeing this same problem in our Active Alerts, as well as in the OpsMgr Event log on the (Exchange 2007) servers. The above workaround was implemented yesterday; however, the problem still persists. Is there a recommendation as to what needs to be done after the alert is disabled?
I let the change "bake" overnight and have restarted the OpsMgr Health Service on each server, but I am still seeing the problem behavior.
You might see a lot of these alerts after applying SP1 to OpsMgr 2007:   These can come from pretty
Why on earth don't you test your product before you release it? Since the initial release of this product there has been a lot of bugs that should have been easy discovered during testing.............
Actually, as a customer, it is very difficult for anyone to test for everything. I am working with a software vendor now that has MPs for OpsMgr, just yesterday we introduced the latest and greatest MP into our test environment and guess what, bugs. Yet they did not see the bugs in there testing nor were they able to repro the problems in there environment. So, the good news is, MS is aware of this issue and is actively working on it.
Software 101: Created by humans, right, so, can anyone name a piece of software with no bugs, sure you can....
Think about it, no OS's, patches, etc., .NET Framework patches, etc., yea, right, no bugs.
Look at the bright side, that's why they pay us :-)
As already found here http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/archive/2008/03/01/performance-module-could-not-find-a-performance-counter.aspx
The workarounds are functional, however then when you released the SP1 then all of the workarounds had to be removed prior to the installtion, what a pain since we never kept track of how many workarounds were in the SCE2007 server. Anyway finally reloaded the software applied SP1 and I really think after applying a lot more workarounds that it works better and much faster, however am really surprised at all the errors that I am now once again applying workarounds for. Maybe when you do another release you can set everything back to default automatically so we at least know where we are starting from.
This was fairly well documented around the web but we're still getting calls on it so I thought I would
Operations Manager Service Pack 1 is finally here. I've installed it into production twice already
UPDATE: Version: 126.96.36.199 Thanks to Stefan Stranger for pointing out some errors in the MP. Addtionally,
I've pulled the MP since I have quickly learned I am no MP Author. For those of you who faced some resource