On Feb 22nd we shipped the Service Pack 1 of OpsMgr 2007. We made one last minute change to one of the upgrade steps in the upgrade guide which did not make it to the upgrade documentation that was shipped with the SP1 bits. If users are upgrading from SP1 RC (6246) to SP1 RTM (6278) then will need to run repair to upgrade the agents rather than approve them from pending management view. This was not called out in the upgrade document we shipped in SP1. We have updated the web version of the upgrade guide as well as the release notes. Attached is the latest version of the OpsMgr 2007 upgrade guide with the right steps.
To upgrade agents from Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RC (build 6246) to Operations Manager 2007 SP1 (build 6278) using the Operations Console
1. Log on to the computer hosting the Operations Console with an account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role for the Operations Manager 2007 management group.
2. In the Operations Console, click Administration.
When you run the Operations Console on a computer that is not a management server, the Connect To Server dialog box appears. In the Server name text box, type the name of the Operations Manager 2007 management server to which you want to connect.
3. In the Administration pane, expand Device Management, and then click Agent Managed.
4. In the Agent Managed pane, select the agents that are listed as version 6.0.6246.0, right-click them, and then select Repair.
5. In the Repair Agents dialog box, select the appropriate agent action account, and then click Repair.
Here you can download the upgrade bits. Here you can download the OpsMgr SP1 Eval version.
OK - If all of the agents were approved (rather than repaired), do they all need to be repaired again, or uninstalled and reinstalled?
So, we're upgrading our infrastructure from SCOM SP1 RC1 to SCOM SP1 RTM. Do I follow the same "repair" procedures for gateway managed clients, or do I need to manually upgrade them to the SP1 RC1 agent. What about the gateway servers?
Is there any news when SCOM SP1 will be slipstreamed so that MVLS user's can get the download, install and not worry about upgrading to SP1?
I found that all my agents was 6246. However they all were pending for update. I had to click Approve on them all. Strange how OpsMgr failed to present this to me if I hadn't found this article. Thank you. (And Microsoft, you have a long way to go when it comes to the GUI!)