Follow Us on Twitter
Sylvie Laffarge, Director Community Affairs Europe at Microsoft.
Last December we announced the Tech Talent 4 Good pilot program, which offered European IT students an internship with a nonprofit, charitable organization in Europe and following a competitive selection process, ten internships were awarded.
This pilot is a natural extension of the work Microsoft has been doing with nonprofit organizations around the world for over two decades. Technology can be an amazing tool for social and economic development. With the Tech Talent 4 Good pilot, in partnership with AIESEC, we are tapping into the energy and passion of IT students and enabling them to apply their technology skills in a non-profit environment to support organizations that are serving the most vulnerable in our society. The interns are working on a diversity of projects from IT administration to IT deployment projects, application development and database management.
The internships are taking place in nine countries across Europe until August:
· Caritas Europa, Brussels, Belgium
· InHope, Amsterdam, Netherlands
· Medecins sans Frontières, Paris, France
· Save the Children International, London, UK
· Special Olympics Europe EurAsia, Dublin, Ireland
· Concern Worldwide, Dublin, Ireland
· SOS Children’s villages, Innsbruck, Austria
· International Federation of the Red Cross, Geneva, Switzerland
· Junior Achievement – Young Enterprise, Brussels, Belgium
· Transparency International, Berlin, Germany
If you’d like to hear from the students themselves you can follow their blogs:
· Maria Sotiri
· Liannet Reyes
· Michalis Tolkas
Ed Granger Happ also has some interesting observations on the Tech Talent 4 Good program you can read here.
Sylvie J. Laffarge is Director of Community Affairs and oversees Microsoft’s community and philanthropic investments and outreach in Europe. This includes leading Microsoft’s flagship community investment programs including the Unlimited Potential, Community Technology Skills Program, software donations and employee volunteering.