This month, I ran into an interesting challenge to do with group policies. Specifically, I was trying to figure out why a client was not getting a specific setting. While it is was the Group Policy Object (GPO) and it the version of the GPT.ini in SYSVOL was in sync, the client was still not getting the setting.
One of my collegues suggested that I use this tool:
Which enabled me to see inside the registry.pol file and sure enough the option was in there so it was a client side specific issue. For any of you with challenges around Group Policies of this type of nature, I would have a look at this tool :)
I had started posting some of the interesting Directory Services-related posts from other blogs, but
is the new link to the policy viewer