One of the new features in SCCM 2012 sp1 is cloud based distribution point which is hosted on Microsoft public cloud Windows Azure. When you use a cloud-based distribution, you can :-
However you can’t add PXE to cloud based distribution point.
In this blog I will show how you can step by step install and configure cloud based distribution point
7. Now we ready to provision Cloud distribution point on Azure , go to configuration manager console –> Administration –> expand Hierarchy Configuration and select cloud.
8. Right click on cloud and select “Create Cloud Distribution Point”.
9. Enter your Azure subscription identifier that we got in step 6.
10. Select “PFX” certificate “CloudDP.coex.local” that we exported in step 4.
11. Enter your service FQDN “CloudDP.coex.local” and press next.
12. Then Next.
13. SCCM will start to provision your new DP on Azure , Once “CloudDP.coex.local” status in Azure is running you can start distribute content to it.
14. Finally to allow your local client to communicate with new DP you must create “A” record for it in your local DNS. Go to Azure and get the public IP of “CloudDP.coex.local” and create the “A” record.
On what ports will CM Primary site server and the clients talk to cloud DP and do you need to install the cert on all clients?
geat post! thanks
I am setting up SCCM 2012 to support multiple customers....how can I do that...I am going through all the information that MS has posted...but there is now information on how SCCM can be a cloud based solutions for business supporting multiple businesses...