Moving to the cloud? Use this free toolkit to help customers build a private cloud infrastructure.
System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 is now available!
The Microsoft System Center team is pleased to announce the launch of System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP).
Download SSP Now!
The System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP) is a fully supported, partner extensible solution that enables customers to dynamically pool, allocate, and manage their compute, network and storage resources to deliver a private cloud platform in their datacenter. Learn more.
Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP), you can respond more effectively—and at a lower cost—to the rapidly changing needs of your organization. Build on top of Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V and System Center VMM, it enables you to offer infrastructure as a service.
It includes a pre-built, role-based self-service portal for both the datacenter managers and business unit IT consumers – all in a dynamic running engine. The portal reduces time needed to provision infrastructures and their components by offering a business unit “on-boarding” infrastructure request and change management. It also includes detailed guidance on how to implement the portal inside your environment. SSP is freely available, and fully-supported by Microsoft.
· Automation and Guidance: To assess, plan and design your private cloud foundation infrastructure
· Customer/business unit on-boarding: Automated workflows to onboard business unit IT departments onto to your virtualized shared resource pool
· Dynamic provisioning engine: To rapidly provision virtualized infrastructure in conjunction with System Center and Hyper-V
· Self-Service portal: To empower consumers of IT to request and provision infrastructure for their apps/services
· Partner Extensibility: Enable partners to expose their unique hardware capabilities through familiar Microsoft scripting technologies while providing variety and flexibility to IT