The RC2 release of the Linux IC’s for Hyper-V have been released. With this release, support for the following guest operating systems has been added:
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.2, x86/x64)
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.3, x86/x64)
· SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86/x64)
Having support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, one of the leaders in server-based Linux deployments, is significant. We’ve been working with Red Hat on the certification process to ensure support for Red Hat on Hyper-V.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 is the latest version of the award-winning distribution, which includes advances in Green Computing and increased performance for interop with .NET applications.
The integration components support the following virtualization platforms:
· Windows Server® 2008 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (x64 only)
· Microsoft® Hyper-V Server 2008
· Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V RC (Build 7100) Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (x64 only)
· Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 RC (Build 7100)
Having a single set of integration components supporting both releases of Hyper-V provides an easier administration and management experience for Hyper-V admins.
Customers can obtain the Linux IC’s via access to the Microsoft Connect program: https://connect.microsoft.com/SelfNomination.aspx?ProgramID=1863&pageType=1&SiteID=495