Good Afternoon Everyone, I have quite a few things I want to share with all of you to help make your guest OS’s in Virtual PC run faster. Again thanks to Kevin Remde and Keith Combs who helped me put together this list. This is part 1, in Part 2 I will talk about some advanced topics (defraging, compact…etc.) and in Part 3 I will share a tip to boot VPC’s quickly (usually less than a minute). As with my last VPC post, some of this tips are quite effective with Virtual Server Guest also. Enjoy!
As always I look forward to your comments/suggestions, so please comment!
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open the C: Drive (Local Disk).
3. Choose “Folder Options” from the “Tools” menu.
4. Make sure “Use Windows classic folders” is selected.
5. Select the “View” tab.
6. Uncheck the “Automatically search for network folders and printers” option.
7. Click “Apply”.
8. Click the “Apply to All Folders” button.
9. Click OK to close the Folder Options dialog.