Today we launched in IE8 Beta 2 in English, German, Simplified Chinese and Japanese, and then follow with another 21 languages in mid-September. You can download IE8 Beta 2 now at http://ww.microsoft.com/ie8.
Here are my 5 personal favourites:
· Accelerators - Highlight an address, click the blue button and hover over “Map” or try Right Clicking a Page and Choosing Translate with Windows Live. Check out the new IE Gallery that has cool accelerators and slices from Digg to FaceBook to Ebay
· Web Slices - Visit Live Search, search for “Seattle Weather” (or major city relevant to your region), hover over the rich search result and click the green button. Click it to add a Weather Web Slice to your Favourites Bar.
· Search Suggestions - Go to your Instant Search Box (top right) and type a search to see search suggestions in action.
· Navigation - Use the new Smart Address Bar to quickly find sites you’ve visited before. The Smart Address Bar searches your history, favorites AND feeds for pages that match what you’re typing.
· Security: IE8 has the best security features in the market today from its updated Smartscreen phishing and malware filter to domain highlighting to the industry leading cross-site scripting filter so I feel my machines, my identity and my family will be safer on the Internet.