Mario's Mo Betta Blog

A tech journal with all my tricks for making things mo' betta.

Windows Phone Sync Error 80070057

Windows Phone Sync Error 80070057

  • Comments 1
  • Likes

All of a sudden my Microsoft account (aka outlook.com) would not sync on my Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8. I tried re-entering the password, creating an app password on Outlook.com, but no luck. I of course couldn’t delete it and re-add since it’s the main account on my phone.

Searching the web for the error yielded nothing useful, though I tried several suggestions like making the password shorter, etc. Finally the problem was resolved by this article which referenced a different error code. The suggestion that worked for me was to “Reset Email Sync”, which involves unselecting the “Email” option in the Microsoft account sync settings on the phone, syncing, then going back in and re-selecting “Email” in the sync options. I actually had to do this a couple of times for the fix to work.

Comments
  • I am having the same issue on the same Nokia device. I'm finding a lot of solutions pertaining to Office 365 accounts and Windows Phone 8 but none pertaining to outlook.com. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment