In todays blog, I will show you how to capture usage tracking information for Lync 2010 with the MAP Toolkit. This information can help you determine which licensing model is best for you. This new feature provides coverage for Microsoft servers, including Windows Server, SharePoint Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and System Center Configuration Manager. The server inventory and software usage tracking reports enable you to track licenses and significantly simplify the “true-up” process for software asset management. The Usage Tracker reports provide detailed information that you can use to analyze usage trends and plan future growth and acquisition of the necessary licenses. You can also use the report’s data and analysis to help determine your server license and client access license (CAL) needs for server products, and simplify the inventory process for CAL reporting.
You can download the MAP Toolkit 7.0 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?&id=7826.
Here are step that you need to complete before running the Lync Usage scenario:
1. Launch the MAP Toolkit
2. Create an inventory Database called MSIT_Lync
3. Start the Inventory Wizard
4. Select the Lync Server Scenario
5. Select how you would like to discover devices for the Lync Usage Tracker scenario. Generally, you will either select Use Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) or Scan an IP address range. Here is an overview of each option:
6. Specify the credentials to connect to Windows machines, the Lync Front-end Servers and Lync Monitoring databases
7. Unselect “Validate SSL Certificate” if you don’t want MAP to verify SSL certificate. If you want MAP to verify the certificate, then you need to have the certificate installed on the machine running MAP. Even if MAP does not verify the certificate, MAP will still use SSL when connecting.
9. Verify your selections and then click Finish
1. After the inventory has completed, select the Software Usage Tracking | Combined Products Usage Summary option and then scroll to the bottom to see a summary of what was identified. Review the results.
2. Next, you can generate the Lync Usage Tracking reporting for an overview and a look at the detailed information.
At any time you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with recommendations, questions, or any other feedback you have. Our entire development team monitors this email alias so we all see and consider every email that comes through. Additionally, you can submit feedback through the MAP In-App feedback, see http://blogs.technet.com/b/mapblog/archive/2012/05/29/providing-feedback-about-the-map-toolkit.aspx for more information.
Marvelous work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.I will keep visiting very often.
<a href="www.diskdoctors.com/.../">recover data from a formatted hard drive</a>