Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
The Solution Accelerators team has released two updated guides to further assist organizations in selecting the right virtualization technologies for their business needs:
• Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology
• Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services
To select an appropriate virtualization technology, organizations can look to the updated IPD Guide for Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology. This guide walks the reader through the technology selection process for each workload—and is now updated to include coverage of Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
If the IPD Guide for Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology points the organization to Remote Desktop Services as a best fit for their business needs, the guide then directs the user to the updated IPD Guide for Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services, which then outlines key infrastructure planning and design guidance for a successful implementation of Remote Desktop Services. The IPD Guide for Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services leads the reader through the nine-step process of designing components, layout, and connectivity in a logical, sequential order. Identification of the RD Session Host farms is presented in a simple, easy-to-follow process, helping the reader to design and plan centralized virtual data centers.
Used together, these updated guides provide comprehensive planning and design guidance for implementing a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure. The IPD Guide for Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology also teams with other virtualization guides in the IPD Series—to provide end-to-end planning and design guidance for a variety of virtualization technologies.
For users of Windows Server 2008 R2, the Remote Desktop Services guide is a complete replacement for the Terminal Services guide. The Remote Desktop Services guide reflects the new capabilities introduced with Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as the rebranding of Terminal Services. The Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services remains available on the IPD Web site.
· Download the IPD Guides for Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology and Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services.
· Learn more about Remote Desktop Services.
· Download other best practices from the Infrastructure Planning and Design series for products such as Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V, App-V, SQL Server 2008, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, System Center and much more at the IPD home page on TechNet.
· Check out other Solution Accelerators for Virtualization.