I mentioned last week that I had attended my first “Release Criteria Review and Sign-Off” meeting, but at the time, I couldn’t say for what product. Well, this morning, that product, Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2, was released to the Web for downloading. In addition to including a roll-up of all hotfixes since Service Pack 1a, SP2 has the following enhancements:
· Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0 run-time – This updated support for Microsoft’s latest development platform allows .NET developers to use the latest development tools to build rich CMS solutions.
· New support for Master Pages – This new feature allows CMS developers to create consistent layouts for multiple CMS templates.
· New support for the navigation and authentication provider model – These new features allow CMS developers to create modular, flexible CMS solutions.
· Support for SQL Server 2005.
· Support for running on Windows Server 64-bit in 32-bit emulation mode.
For more information, see: