For small business customers looking at migrating from VMware to Hyper-v…
Introducing the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter BETA (MVMC).
The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Beta Solution Accelerator is a 4 MB (yes, 4 MB) download that converts VMware virtual machines to Hyper-V. The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter:
· Provides a quick, low-risk option for VMware customers to evaluate Hyper-V
· Converts VMware VMs, virtual disks and configuration, (memory, virtual processor, etc.) from the source to Hyper-V
· Uninstalls the VMware tools on the source VM and installs the Hyper-V Integration Services as appropriate
· Includes an easy-to-use wizard-driven GUI simplifying VM conversion
The current MVMC Beta supports converting virtual machines created with:
· VMware vSphere 4.1
· VMware vSphere 5.0
To virtual machines for:
· Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V
· Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
Support for Windows Server “8” Hyper-V is in the works, but not in the current MVMC Beta release.
Here’s the link on Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/site14/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7594&InvitationID=MVMC-PK9Q-BR47
Sweet! Thanks Ken.