The next version of OpsMgr has hit the public beta milestone. This is very exciting as there are a lot of new features in OpsMgr 2012 that I personally cannot wait to get my hands on.
Some key features/changes:
- Simplified infrastructure – via the removal of the RMS role – allowing for out of the box high availability, removing the single point of failure, easing deployment and management of the infrastructure, all while leveraging commodity hardware.
- New dashboards allowing you to see much more data about a server or application in a single, quick screen view.
- Network monitoring – discovery and deep level monitoring of your switches, routers, load balancers, and other network devices.
- Additions to the capability around application performance monitoring and diagnostics for .NET applications plus JEE application health monitoring
- Resource pools - A resource pool provides the ability to distribute workloads across multiple management servers, such as availability, network device monitoring, distributed monitor health rollup, and group calculation.
There is a lot more. Download the beta and start testing it.
How can I get it?
Discuss and get support: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/systemcenteroperationsmanager