NOTE: .NET Framework 1.1 is not supported any more on Windows 8 and Windows 2012
I meet a customer that needed to install his ASP.NET 1.1 application on Windows server 2008R2 running IIS7.5 and I will resume the steps:
NOTE: It is important to say that for enterprise customer there is no official support over this configuration by Microsoft. So it is going to work but nobody at Microsoft is going to support you.
1. Install Management Tools --> IIS6 Management compatibility --> "IIS Metabase Compatibility" from Manage Role options. This is needed for .NET 1.1
2. Download and install Framework 1.1 (ASP.NET 1.1), SP1 and ASP.NET's security update to SP1. Because win2008 only include Framework 2.0 and 3.5 (Not even .Net framework 4.0)
If you see this window:
Click Run Program
3. Add ASP.NET v1.1 ISAPI Extension manually if it does not appear in the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions (This window)
in order to add it manually:
ISAPI or CGI path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll Description: ASP.NET v1.1
4. Add IgnoreSection Handler to v1.1 machine.config if you have IIS configuration in the web.config files that are read by your ASP.NET v1.1 applications (an Exception will be throw if not)
add the following section entry just above the bottom tag for the <configSections> element:
sectionname="system.webServer"type="System.Configuration.IgnoreSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
5. Move Site or Application to ASP.NET 1.1 Application Pool (created when installing .NET 1.1)
It can be done via console or command prompt using appcmd tool
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\ appcmd set app "Default Web Site/" /applicationPool:"ASP.NET 1.1"
Now your ASP.NET 1.1 will run =)
not working for on win 08 -64bit
Use of Framework 1.1 has been totally deprecated for Windows 8. You must to upgrade to a 2.0 minimum.
I have done all things but could not able to open some templates.
Same issue is coming in Windows Server 2012 R2, Please help me, since i am not able to install Windows Server 2003 R2 on Cisco UCS-64 Server.Kindly suggest site on my e-mail email@example.com as early as possible.
Thank you in advance!!!
Has anyone got this working with Windows Server 2012, 64 bit? All the instructions above worked for me... I have a pool that is 1.1 and all the rest appeared to work normally, but the pages won't serve up.
I followed everything on your instructions but it's not working for me :( Im using IIS7.5 and Win 2008R2. I tried using the 2.0 app pool to see if it will work (despite the fact that it is a 1.1 app) but then I got a web.config error, it doesn't say any
details so it's not much of a help either. I don't know what to do :(