Hi All :
Recently many of my friends are in consultation on Domain rename issus , so i finished a new version document that Windows Server 2008 R2 ADDS domain renaming.
Operation is not complicated, for your reference. Hope useful for you.
I would like to be able to print this document, how may I do it as it's disabled the print option.
Many thanks and a gread document.
Great Document - works fine
It is asking for password to open the document.
Sorry Farhan , you should use Adobe Reader X or above version , and just read only! thanks !
Good going Justin, It is amazing to me that MS does not do enough of "Updating Documentation" - If I look for and issue related problem. I will pull up "Doc" from NT to 2003. My apologies, GREAT GOING!!!
Ex. DNS, WINS, etc... - Well I am sure you know what I am talking about.
Anyways, have a great day. and Thanks... Alot...
I am getting error when running gpfixup [The RPC server is unavailable]. Please suggest me how to resolve
Could you send a Email to me and introduction your detail information ?
Screenshot is the best.
I have the same problem with RPC server like Rana.
GPFIXUP ended with error 800706ba
Thanks for your information.
• All procedures must execute Domain Rename Instructions step, including the automatic DC reboot, must have been completed on all domain controllers in the renamed domains.
• The domain controller with the primary domain controller emulator role in a renamed domain must have successfully completed the domain rename operation and reached the final Done state in the previous step before this step is executed for that domain.
• The control station must have been rebooted twice at Unfreeze the Forest Configuration step
• All procedures in Fix Distributed File System (Dfs) Topology for a renamed domain must have been completed before this step is executed for that domain.
• All member servers in the domain that host Software Distribution Points (network locations from which users deploy managed software in your environment) must have been rebooted twice following Execute Domain Rename Instructions step. This prerequisite step is extremely important and necessary for the Software Installation and Maintenance data fix-up to work correctly
Gpfixup Required Authorization Level:
To perform this step, you must be a member of the Enterprise Admins group in the target forest. The access check performed at this step requires that you have write access to the gpLink attribute on the site, domain, and organizational unit objects as well as write access to the GPOs themselves.
Hope can help you.
I gote the document
but it require Password for open it
please send me the password in my email
Address is email@example.com
Please use Adobe Reader X or above version to open.
Your document states that your domain functional level must be 2008. Can this be done on a 2003 functional level?
The domain rename need Active Directory forest functional level at least has been raised to either Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008. We can't support it set to Windows 2000 native.
We are doing a domain rename on a server 2008 R2 domain. The documentation looks good but doesn't tell you how to proceed if you are using DNS that is NOT setup for dynamic updates. Is such a rename possible? We are using ONLY linux DNS that is NOT configured for dynamic updating.
So the question is: how do we get the new SRV records loaded into the linux maps. When we originally setup the domain we copied the lines from the \windows\system32\config\netlogon.dns file. Does such a file get written somewhere during the rendom procedure?