Now , you can download Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Beta1 from Connect website . http://connect.microsoft.com/
What's new in MDT 2010 Beta1:
The new features in MDT 2010 Beta 1 are supported only for Lite Touch Installation (LTI)–based deployments and are not supported for Zero Touch Installation (ZTI)–based deployments using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
The MDT 2010 Beta 1 release includes the following new features:
· Support for Windows 7 Beta. Deploy Windows 7 Beta by using MDT 2010 Beta 1.
· Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta. Deploy Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta by using MDT 2010 Beta 1.
· Support for Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) version 2.0. Deployment of Windows 7 Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta by using MDT 2010 Beta 1 requires the use of Windows AIK version 2.0.
· Support for Windows User State Migration Toolkit (USMT) version 4.0. USMT 4.0 is required to support Windows 7 Beta deployments. Specifically, the following new features of USMT 4.0 are supported in LTI-based deployments:
· Support for USMT 4.0 hardlink migration. USMT 4.0 includes a new method of saving user state called hardlink migration. Hardlink migration creates a snapshot of current user data files before reinstallation, which keeps data in the same location on the disk while upgrading the system and rebuilds the links after Windows 7 Beta is installed. Hardlink migration dramatically reduces the time required to migrate user state, because the data is never moved, which is faster than copying the user data to another disk.
· Support for USMT 4.0 shadow copy. USMT 4.0 supports the ability to archive files that are in use by using the shadow copy feature in Windows 7 Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta.
· Support for the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. The new DISM tool (Dism.exe) allows for servicing offline images, mounting and unmounting Windows Imaging format (WIM) files, and customizing Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) boot images. The DISM tool replaces many of the tools in previous versions of the Windows AIK, including Package Manager (Pkgmgr.exe), the International Settings Configuration Tool (Intlcfg.exe), and the Windows PE command-line tool (PEimg.exe).
· Support for Windows PE version 3.0. Windows PE 3.0 is included as a part of the Windows AIK version 2.0 and is required to deploy Windows 7 Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta by using MDT 2010 Beta 1.
· Support for the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) management tool. MDT 2010 Beta 1 uses the new BCDEdit command-line tool to manage BCD files. MDT 2008 Update 1 used the BitLocker™ Drive Preparation Tool (BdeHdCfg.exe) to manage boot configuration.
· Support for Windows 7 Beta default disk partition configuration. In MDT 2010 Beta 1, the disk partition configuration for Windows 7 Beta will be similar to the Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption disk configuration, where the operating system is installed on Disk 0, Partition 2, and the system partition is on Disk 0, Partition 1.
This is very exciting. I'm excited to test out Pe 3.0 and the new DISM to see if this will help in our environment.
I Have downloaded and installed the MDT beta but I cannot find the new AIK 2.0 on Connect, that is required to begin testing. Any ideas on where I can find this download?
DISM is nice but I long for GUI deployment tools like Setup Manager in the days of the venerable Windows 2000/XP. Of course the community might write a GUI for DISM, but lack of native GUI is what keeps end-users (except enterprises) from using these wonderful deployment tools.
Hi I have been unable to download the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 beta all i get is an error message is there anywere eles I can download this from,
yes I am signed in and yes I am partisapating in the beta testing.
Thanks for any help
When are we going to get the real deal? When will the XP to Win 7 deployment tool be issued? I have several systems I need to move on and I need a tool that will let me upgrade from XP to Win 7 (as well as Vista to Win 7).
可以出个实战 SCCM2007 R2 + MDT2010 + KMS 大规模ZTI部署 Win7 +OFFICE 2010的文档么
邮箱# tangxl99 at gmail dot com.
步骤类似,只是迁移工具由USMT v3.01升级至了 v4.0,速度效率提高很多。关于Office2010或其他应用的部署，可以借助App-V来实现，和SCCM2007 R2集成非常完美。可以尝试。