I just released a new major build (9.20) displaying now in the SUMMARY REPORT a third column which contain, for most of the entries, a button to go directly the corresponding Detailed Report and sometimes a URL link to an MS KB or Tech Article avail on the Net. It should very fast so now to make the link between an entry in the Summary Report and the corresponding Detailed Report and access to some KB or tech articles can be done by one click.
New features :
- The SUMMARY REPORT display now a third column containing, for most of the entries, a link to the corresponding Detailed Report
and sometimes a URL link to MS KB or Tech Article on Internet.
- Add now the Server Domain, Server Domain role, and Server Model in the Topology Report
- Raise a warning if a server found in the Topology is running in MS Virtual Machine
- Raise a warning if a “AutoClose” prop is set for a Biztalk DB
- Collect all the registry values under each Biztalk host Svc reg key of all BTS and raise a yellow warning if some Throttling ones are found
under each Biztalk host Svc reg key of all BTS and raise a yellow warning if some Throttling ones are found
No bugs reported since 9.10
Awesome tool with tons of great detail being collected! Just wanted to report some minor bugs:
1. When running the GUI version against my BizTalk 2006 R2 install running on my Windows Vista laptop I got the following error, probably due to my Vista OS: Status: "Collecting Server Total Memory..." - Popup Dialog: "Error using WMI: Invalid Class". Thankfully it caught the error and continued collecting the rest of the data! Good error handling!
2. In the Summary Report at the end the SQL agent job "Biztalk Job : MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb" is improperly marked as an error "Disabled (Can not clean msg in MsgBox Db) !!". If you'll notice in the BizTalk docs, this job is supposed to be left disabled (by design) and not scheduled to run. Another BizTalk SQL agent job will run this job manually. So the job should show that it has run successfully each minute, despite being disabled and not schedule to run.
3. In the Summary Report at the end the SQL agent job "Biztalk Job : TrackingSpool_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb" is incorrectly marked as an error "Missing (MsgBody can accumulate in MsgBox Db) !". This job does not exist in BizTalk 2006 and 2006 R2 installs. I believe it has been replaced with this job "TrackedMessages_Copy_BizTalkMsgBoxDb" which I show on my default BizTalk 2006 R2 install.
thanks a lot for your comments.
I will fix point 1) as for most of errors which can occur durtingt a collect, I raise a flag to prevent displaying a dialogbox so I think I forgot to do do that for WMI errors ! I will test that
I'm however surprised of your results in 2) and 3) as
normally I check the version of the biztalk group when I start to collect data and I check only the corresponding jobs (different lists for bizTalk 2K4 pre SP2, bts2K4 SP2, 2K6 and R2) and you are completly right about 3): this job is specific to BizTalk 2004 to clean msgbody in tracking body tables.
Can you send me by mail the html file and the status one so I can check taht ?
And about MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb, you are also right and this job must be disabled, nut normally I check that this job remain disabled and not the opposite ! so I would be interested to have your output file, maybe I have ineed a bug on that