– MSDN site: SharePoint Guidance
– Future friendly url: http://microsoft.com/spg
– Download: SharePoint Guidance – November 2008
– Codeplex site: http://codeplex.com/spg
– Community Forum: http://www.codeplex.com/spg/Thread/List.aspx
Guidance at a Glance
This guidance helps architects and developers build SharePoint intranet applications. The guidance contains a reference implementation (RI) that demonstrates solutions to common architectural, development, and lifecycle management challenges. This guidance discusses the following:
– Architectural decisions about patterns, feature factoring, and packaging.
– Design tradeoffs for common decisions many developers encounter.
– Implementation examples demonstrated in the RI and in the QuickStarts.
– How to design for testability, create unit tests, and run continuous integration.
– Set up of development, build, test, staging, and production environments.
– Managing the application life cycle including upgrade.
– Team-based intranet application development.
PingBack from http://amdtalk.com/1969/johnr-microsoft-patterns-practices-%e2%80%93-sharepoint-guidance/