If you manage Windows Servers then you are familiar with the Remote Server Administration Tools. We have released the RSAT Tools for Windows 7 SP1. If you didn’t have them installed prior to upgrading to SP1 then you couldn’t install the RTM release. Now we have the tools available for download for SP1.
What’s included in the Windows 7 SP1 RSAT tools?
Server Administration Tools
Role Administration Tools
Feature Administration Tools
· Server Manager
· Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) Tools
· Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Tools
· Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) Tools
· DHCP Server Tools
· DNS Server Tools
· File Services Tools
· Hyper-V Tools
· Terminal Services Tools
· BitLocker Password Recovery Viewer
· Failover Clustering Tools
· Group Policy Management Tools
· Network Load Balancing Tools
· SMTP Server Tools
· Storage Explorer Tools
· Storage Manager for SANs Tools
· Windows System Resource Manager Tools
Having issues with a silent install of the new RSAT tools. Here is my command line (which worked fine in previous iterations:
& 'WUSA.EXE' "$PkgLocation\Windows6.1-KB958830-x64-RefreshPkg.msu" /quiet /norestart | Out-Null;
WUSA starts up but then exits abruptly. When I enabled logging, the only thing intelligible was the error 0x80240017.
I'm having also difficulties with that silent install. The following command abruptly ends; wusa.exe Windows6.1-KB958830-x86-RefreshPkg.msu /quiet /norestart
Next time guys, lets get these released WITH the latest service pack, not a month after release. Thanks!
Apparently this link has worked for some people to get this installed in unattended way.
Try as I may but installing the *.msu does not produce the icons for administrating.