This is a special post, from the Microsoft Premier Field Engineers (PFE) Vital Signs Instructors alias…something we felt should be shared.
If you had noticed, it’s difficult to sustain a data collector set in Perfmon for 2008 R2 through a reboot, so it automatically starts after the reboot. Well, here is how to make it work properly.
1. Define a User Defined Data Collector Set in Perfmon. You don’t have to define any schedule for it.
2. Go to Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler
3. Browse to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows –> PLA
4. Enable Hidden Tasks (View -> Show Hidden Tasks)
5. You should see all your User Defined Data Collector Sets in here.
6. Open your set, go to Triggers and set up “At Startup“ trigger
Hope this helps you with your performance data collection needs!
Special shout out to Martin Vokurek in Prague for developing the details on this!
Excellent blog, thanks.
Nice Description. But how i can setup these credential at installation time.
Rajneesh, which credentials, do you mean alternate credentials to do the data collector with?
Hi - thanks so much for this info - found this article via Google - THANKS AGAIN!! :)
Brilliantly simple! Thanks Jeff!
Thanks much. Really saved my time.
What about for windows 2012 ?
Simple and clear to folow
Thank you for posting this!