Courtesy of Cesar Menendez:
Today we're issuing a press release about Zune's launch date and price: November 14 in the U.S.; $249.99. Many people have asked about Zune Marketplace: A ZunePass (giving you access to millions of songs) will cost you $14.99 per month. If you want to buy a song individually it'll cost you 79 Microsoft Points (or 99 cents).
My buddy Richard and I have talked before about pre-loaded content. Here's the full list:
· Band of Horses, “Wicked Gil” (Sub Pop Records)
· Bitter:Sweet, “The Mating Game” (Quango Music Group)
· CSS, “Alala (Microsoft edit)” (Sub Pop Records)
· Darkel, “At The End of The Sky (edit)” (Astralwerks)
· Every Move a Picture, “Signs of Life” (V2)
· Small Sins, “Stay” (Astralwerks)
· The Adored, “Tell Me Tell Me” (V2)
· The Rakes, “Open Book” (V2)
· The Thermals, “A Pillar of Salt” (Sub Pop Records)
· 30 Seconds to Mars, “The Kill” (Virgin Records)
· BT, “1.618” (DTS Entertainment)
· Chad VanGaalen, “Red Hot Drops” (Sub Pop Records)
· Coldcut featuring Roots Manuva, “True Skool” (Ninja Tune)
· CSS, “Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above” (Sub Pop Records)
· Fruit Bats, “Live: The Wind That Blew My Heart Away” (Sub Pop Records)
· Grandaddy, “Elevate Myself” (V2)
· Hot Chip, “Over and Over” (Astralwerks Records)
· Kraak & Smaak featuring Dez., “Keep Me Home” (Quango Music Group)
· Kinski, “Live: The Snowy Parts of Scandinavia” (Sub Pop Records)
· Paul Oakenfold, “Faster Kill Pussycat (Featuring Brittany Murphy)” (Maverick Records)
· Serena-Maneesh, “Drain Cosmetics” (Playlouderecordings)
· 5 Boro: “A New York Skateboarding Minute” (Skateboarding)
· Radical Films: “Kranked — Progression” (Mountain Biking)
· TGRTV The North Face (Skiing/Snowboarding)
· A variety of images to personalize a Zune device, including 12 classic rock posters from “Art of Modern Rock”
Sweet. And I have some prices of accessories here for you. First the packs, then the accessories sold individually. From the press release:
· Zune Home A/V Pack. The Home A/V Pack includes everything you need to amplify your Zune experience. This set of five products integrates Zune with your big-screen TV and the best speakers in your house. The wireless remote puts you in control from virtually anywhere in the room. When you buy the Zune Home AV Pack, you’ll get the AV Output Cable, Zune Dock, Zune Wireless Remote with Lithium Battery, Zune Sync Cable and Zune AC Adapter for $99.99.
· Zune Travel Pack. The Travel Pack includes everything you need to travel with your Zune device in style. This set of five products is designed to keep you and your friends and family entertained while you travel. When you buy the Zune Travel Pack, you’ll get the Zune Dual Connect Remote, Zune Premium Earphones, Zune Gear Bag, Zune Sync Cable and Zune AC Adapter for $99.99.
· Zune Car Pack. The Car Pack includes everything you need to hit the road with your Zune device. With AutoSeek, setup is easy, and you can enjoy your music on the go and charge at the same time. When you buy the Zune Car Pack, you’ll get the FM tuner with AutoSeek and the Zune Car Charger for $79.99.
· Zune AV Output Cable. The A/V Output Cable lets you connect your Zune device to a TV and home stereo. Ideal for listening to music and showing pictures and video, the A/V Output Cable is simple to set up and use, and will retail for $19.99.
· Zune AC Adapter. The AC Adapter lets you charge your Zune device without a PC. For convenience, the AC Adapter will charge your Zune device in about three hours and will retail for $29.99.
· Zune Sync Cable. The Sync Cable lets you connect your Zune device to your PC or the Zune AC Adapter (sold separately). It works as a replacement for your original sync cable or as a spare for travel and charging, and will retail for $19.99.
· Zune Car Charger. The Car Charger lets you charge your device in the car while listening to your favorite music and even while using the FM tuner with AutoSeek (sold separately). The Car Charger will retail for $24.99.
· Zune Dock. The Dock elegantly displays your Zune device anywhere in your home or office. Featuring a connector port and an audio/video output, the Dock is ideal for syncing, charging and connecting with home A/V equipment. (A/V connectivity requires the Zune A/V Output Cable, sold separately.) The Dock will retail for $39.99.
· Zune Wireless Remote for Zune Dock. Designed for use with Zune Dock (sold separately), the Wireless Remote lets you control your device from across the room. The Wireless Remote gives you quick access to your current playlist as well as full control over menu navigation and volume. The Wireless Remote will retail for $29.99.
· Zune Dual Connect Remote. The Dual Connect Remote offers convenient playlist control and two headphone jacks with independent amplifiers and volume controls so you can listen with a friend or family member. The Dual Connect Remote will retail for $29.99.
· Zune FM tuner With AutoSeek. The FM tuner with AutoSeek lets you wirelessly listen to music through your car’s stereo through the FM radio. AutoSeek automatically finds the optimal station so it’s easy to set up, and will retail for $69.99.
· Zune Gear Bag. The Gear Bag lets you bring Zune and related accessories with you wherever you go. The Gear Bag comes with a rugged exterior and fitted compartments to protect your device while you travel. The Gear Bag will retail for $29.99.
· Zune Premium Earphones. Designed exclusively for use with Zune, the Premium Earphones produce superior sound and feature a noise-isolating, in-ear design. With a convenient storage case and three earpiece sizes to choose from, you can listen to your music with added comfort and quality. The Premium earphones will retail for $39.99.
WMA Pro 10 and WMA Lossless supported?